A specialist course designed for anyone who plans to go to altitude and may encounter Acute Mountain Sickness and other, more dangerous, associated altitude related issues.
Course content includes:
- Preparation for altitude
- Oxygen levels at height
- AMS signs & symptoms
- High Altitude Pulmonary Oedema (HAPE)
- High Altitude Cerebral Oedema (HACE)
- High Altitude Flatus Expulsion (HAFE) ….yes really.
- Lake Louise Symptoms Score
- Use of Diamox and associated drugs
- Familiarisation and use of Portable Altitude Chamber
- Pulse Oximetry
The course will run over four hours but will feature a lunch break where the instructors will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.
Course costs £50 and features a Venture Medical UK attendance certificate