The HSE-recognised First Aid at Work training course provides a comprehensive set of practical skills needed by first aiders in most workplaces, giving both the ability and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies. It meets the standards required to help comply with Health and Safety (First aid) regulations.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for people who want to receive our most thorough first aid training. It is most suited to those working in high-risk environments, such as building sites or warehouses.
- Adult resuscitation (CPR)
- Allergic reaction
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Chest pains
- Choking adult
- Communication and casualty care
- Eye injuries
- Head injuries
- Defibrillator prompts and how to respond (theory based)
- Defibrillator pad placement (theory based)
- Low blood sugar
- Managing an emergency
- Minor and severe bleeding
- Poisons and what to do if someone has been poisoned
- Role of the first aider (including knowledge of health and safety regulations)
- Spinal injuries
- Unresponsive adult