The First Aid at Work Requalification training course updates the first aid skills of those who need to renew their First Aid at Work certificate. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) strongly recommends that you requalify within a month of your certificate expiring.
Who should attend?
This course is for people wishing to renew an existing, valid First Aid at Work certificate.
If your certificate has expired you are still able to attend this course, but the HSE recommends you attend the First Aid at Work (3 day course) if more than a month has elapsed since expiry. Please note that the requalification course is an intensive course with very little practice time and designed for people whose certificate is still in date. If you do decide to attend the requalification course you will need to work at the pace of the course.
This course covers the content of the three-day First Aid at Work course in two days.
- Adult resuscitation (CPR)
- Allergic reaction
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Chest pains
- Choking adult
- Communication and casualty care
- Eye injuries
- Head injuries
- Defibrillator prompts and how to respond (theory based)
- Defibrillator pad placement (theory based)
- Low blood sugar
- Managing an emergency
- Minor and severe bleeding
- Poisons and what to do if someone has been poisoned
- Role of the first aider (including knowledge of health and safety regulations)
- Spinal injuries
- Unresponsive adult
This course is available to be delivered at the venue of your choice or on dates to suit you and your workforce.
Contact us to discuss your requirements.