This two-day Paediatric First Aid course focuses on emergency scenarios that can happen when looking after young children and infants. It meets the Ofsted Early Years and Childcare Register requirements.
Who should attend?
This course is for people working with young children and those working towards an early years educator qualification. This includes:
- people working in day nurseries
- people working in private nursery schools
- people working in pre-schools
- people working in before and after school clubs for children in the early years age group
- carers of children at home.
This course will cover the following:
- Allergic reaction
- Bites and stings
- Bone, joint and muscle injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Child and baby resuscitation (CPR)
- Childhood conditions
- Choking baby
- Choking child
- Communication and casualty care
- Eye injuries
- Foreign objects
- Head injuries
- Heat and cold extremes
- Low blood sugar
- Managing an emergency
- Minor and severe bleeding
- Poisons and what to do if someone has been poisoned
- Role of the first aider (including knowledge of health and safety regulations)
- Spinal injuries
- Unresponsive baby
- Unresponsive child
This course is available to be delivered at the venue of your choice or on dates to suit you and your workforce.
Contact us to discuss your requirements.